My client was established in the UK over 16 years ago and listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2010. Their objective is to provide customers with the best experience in terms of service, range and price, which builds a strong business and delivers long term value for their shareholders.
Their strong values have become part of the company DNA which act as a guide for everything. This develops their values into the details about the way they do things to make a real and positive impact on their success.
Responsible for all aspects of the resourcing, talent acquisition, recruitment, selection and onboarding process for defined client groups in the UK and overseas. Develops and leads an attraction strategy to target active and passive internal and external candidates.
- Vacancy management: Fill all approved vacancies in the defined client group in a timely, cost effective manner, ensuring relevant standards are maintained; Develop and maintain relationships with defined client groups in order to gain a clear understanding of recruitment requirements;
- KPI management and recording: Reduce the hire cost by improving “direct” hiring and optimising employer brand through a more targeted approach based on the needs of specific workforce groups;
- Team management: Lead, develop and review your direct team including coaching, supervision and day to day line management;
- Lead with the attraction, selecting and recruitment of senior roles across all Business Central functions.
- Risk management: Review, develop and monitor all recruitment processes in the defined client group to ensure compliance with all relevant legislative standards;
- Standards management: Ensure appropriate recruitment processes are implemented for each approved vacancy in the defined client group including budget approval; Selection criteria, testing, job profile, advertising, assessment centres and contract management;
- Talent Acquisition: Responsible for designing and managing a multi-channel attraction plan aligned to a resourcing plan; Improve quality of hire by accessing as wide a pool of semi passive/passive candidates; Accelerate hiring times by building a pipeline to ensure that we can recruit on demand;
- Budget Management: Review, develop and monitor recruitment agency preferred suppliers list; Implement low fee solutions where appropriate including internal advertising, refer a friend, networking and other sourcing methods;
- Graduate recruitment: Be responsible for the recruitment of graduates into the defined client areas within the overall graduate recruitment principles;
- Metrics and reporting: Be responsible for all of the defined client group recruitment metrics and reporting; contribute to overall recruitment metrics and reporting
- Supplier management: Be responsible for management of recruitment and recruitment systems suppliers.
- Employer Brand management. Be responsible for development and implementation of appropriate external and internal initiatives relating to employer brand
Strong academics; Graduate calibre – 2:1 preferable
Knowledge of current employment legislation around fair and efficient recruitment and selection including right to work, contracts of employment, expatriate and overseas recruitment
Experience of navigating recruitment systems and portals and of utilising job boards and searching online CV databases using Boolean search methods
In-house recruitment experience preferred; recruitment agency experience advantageous
Experience of telephone sourcing and screening
Up to date interviewing and negotiating skills
Highly organised and resilient who focuses relentlessly on successful project delivery and collaboration with key stakeholders
Strong team player who is self-motivated and able to multi-task under pressure
Methodical worker with an eye for detail and strong analytical skills
People manager experience of leading and motivating a team.
- Collaboration and problem solving – calm and diplomatic;
- Building strong working relationships
- Communication – verbal, nonverbal and written;, articulate.
- Logic and Analytics skills; Interpretation of data.
- Commercial acumen;
- Emotional Intelligence;
- Persuasion and Influencing;
- Team player;
- Lead and manage a team
- Drive and Energy;
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Attention to detail.