My client offers small businesses fast flexible and fair access to finance, designed to meet their needs. They are breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses accessing finance
Since 2012, they’ve lent over £500 million to almost 20,000 businesses across Europe. Their customers include everything from cafés to car dealers and salons to solicitors. They’ve built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown to a smart, vibrant, fun team of almost 200 people.
They are however still small and their aim is to fund a million small business within a decade and make a real dent on the funding gap.
The role of the People Operations team is to develop and implement strategies that enable them to attract, develop and retain the best talent, and ensure that they strengthen their people and their culture as they grow.
- Work with teams from across the business, to understand recruitment needs and achieve ambitious recruitment goals
- Work with hiring managers to clarify requirements, write clear role profiles and identify appropriate recruitment channels in order to build a strong pipeline of great candidates
- Rigorously manage external agencies and other paid-for searches, to ensure they deliver
- Develop tailored strategies for hiring across different roles and levels – e.g. students, interns, experienced hires, part-timers, remote workers, etc.
- Manage every step of the recruitment process to ensure that all candidates have a great experience when they interview with them – conducting interviews, coaching the hiring team on how to interview candidates, implementing SLAs (e.g. around time taken to provide feedback to candidates, time taken from application to offer, etc.)
- Develop salary recommendations (to be agreed with hiring manager) and negotiate effectively to bring new hires on board
The ideal candidate will be adaptable, enthusiastic and have the ability to build relationships. They will help source and attract talent for their high performing teams and get to make a real difference to the business. Recruitment sourcing and administration skills in a sales or recruitment environment are essential.
- You have worked as a recruitment consultant before
- You’ve consistently hit financial targets
- You possess the ambition and initiative to do something different
- Have a proven track record in business/relationship development
- You’re a great communicator and presenter
- Results orientated
- Driven work attitude